Bruce E. Ford (adapted from Plainsong)
- Organ: “O Mensch, bewein’ dein’ Sünde gross” (O man, bewail thy sins so great), BWV 622 (from Orgelbüchlein) – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
- Opening Hymn: 533 Jesus, Lover of My Soul
- Psalm 51:1-17 (metrical version): Hymn 605 Have Mercy, Lord, on Us
- Gradual Hymn: 15 Light of the World, in Grace and Beauty
- Offertory Hymn: 522 Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me
- Anthem: Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing – David H. Williams
Come, thou fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above;
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of God’s unchanging love!
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God:
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed his precious blood.
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let that grace now, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to thee.
– Text by R. Robinson, 1758
- Communion Hymn: 174 Eternal Lord of Love, Behold Your Church
- Closing Hymn: 29 The Day Thou Gavest
- Organ: Chaconne in F Minor – Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706)
View/download the complete March 2017 music list here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »