- Organ: Prelude and Fugue in F# minor, BuxWV 146 – Dieterich Buxtehude (1637-1707)
- Opening Hymn: 388 Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken
- Psalm 78:1-4, 12-16 (Anglican Chant)
- Gradual Hymn: 447 Lord, We Hear Your Word with Gladness
- Offertory Hymn: 334 Holy God, We Praise Your Name
- Anthem: God, Your Glorious Presence – arranged for SATB, flute, and keyboard by Konrad Harley (based on the Largo from Concerto in D Major, RV 95, by Antonio Vivaldi, and the hymn tune Arnsberg by Joachim Neander) (Fiona Strachan, flute)
God, your glorious presence draws us to adore you, and with awe appear before you.
In your holy temple all keep mystic silence, prostrate lie with deepest reverence.
You alone God we own, your our God and Saviour: praise your name forever.
- Text by Gerhard Tersteegen (1697-1769); tr. Frederick William Foster (1760-1835), John Miller (1756-1810), and William Mercer (1811-1873), alt.
- Communion Hymn: 85 Shepherd of Souls, Refresh and Bless
- Closing Hymn: 536 Singing Songs of Expectation
- Organ: Allegro giocoso (Improvisation Op. 150, No. 7) – Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921)
View and/or download the complete September/October 2017 music list pdf here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »