- Organ: Ciaccona in C Major - Johann Caspar Kerll (1627-1693)
- Opening Hymn: 276 For All the Saints
- Introit for All Saints - Healey Willan (1880-1968)
- Psalm 24 (Anglican Chant)
- Gradual Hymn: In Remembrance of Past Worshippers (Tune: St. Catherine’s Court)
In our day of thanksgiving one psalm let us offer
For the saints who before us have found their reward;
When the shadow of death fell upon them, we sorrowed,
But now we rejoice that they rest in the Lord.
In the morning of life, and at noon, and at even,
He called them away from our worship below;
But not till his love, at the font and the altar,
Had girt them with grace for the way they should go.
These stones that have echoed their praises are holy,
And dear is the ground where their feet have once trod;
Yet here they confessed they were strangers and pilgrims,
And still they were seeking the city of God.
Sing praise, then, for all who here sought and here found him,
Whose journey is ended, whose perils are past:
They believed in the Light; and its glory is round them,
Where the clouds of earth’s sorrow are lifted at last.
– W. H. Draper
- Offertory Hymn: 283 By All Your Saints Still Striving (verses 1, 2v, 3)
- Anthem: Glorious in Heaven Are the Souls of All Saints – Tomás Luis de Victoria (1548- 1611)
- Communion Hymn: 279 Lo! Round the Throne, a Glorious Band
- Closing Hymn: 278 Jerusalem the Golden
- Organ: Fugue in D Major - Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706)
- View and/or download the complete September - November 2018 music list [pdf] here »
- View archive of music lists here »
- Visit St. Barnabas on the Danforth website here »