Sunday, January 12, 2014

Epiphany 2 - January 19 2014

  • Organ: Fugue III on B-A-C-H – Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
  • Opening Hymn 319 “Come, let us join our cheerful songs” (Nativity)
  • Service Music: John Merbecke (found beginning on page 9 of the Service Music booklet)
  • Psalm 40: 1-11 (said responsively)
  • Gospel Alleluia
Choir: Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.
All: Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.
Cantor: In the Word was life: and the life was the light of all people
All: Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.
  • Offertory Hymn 156 “The people that in darkness sat”
  • Communion Hymn 430 “Will you come and follow me”
  • Communion Motet: Tomorrow shall be my dancing day – English Traditional Carol
Tomorrow shall be my dancing day;
 I would my true love did so chance
To see the legend of my play,
To call my true love to my dance;
Sing, oh! my love, oh! my love, my love, my love,
This have I done for my true love.

Then was I born of a virgin pure,
Of her I took fleshly substance
Thus was I knit to man's nature
To call my true love to my dance.

In a manger laid, and wrapped I was
So very poor, this was my chance
Betwixt an ox and a silly poor ass
To call my true love to my dance.

Then afterwards baptized I was;
The Holy Ghost on me did glance,
My Father’s voice heard I from above,
To call my true love to my dance.
  • Concluding Hymn 577 “God of grace and God of glory” (Cwm Rhondda)
  • Organ: Prelude and Fugue in G major BWV 557– J.S. Bach (1685-1750)

Visit St. Barnabas on the Danforth (at Chester Station) map » or visit the website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment