Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Easter 6 - 25 May 2014

  • Organ:  Ruhig bewegt (“quietly moving” from Sonata 2 for organ) – Paul Hindemith
  • Opening Hymn 515 “Thou art the way” (St. Fulbert # 216)
  • I know that my Redeemer lives; O the sweet joy this sentence gives!
    He lives, he lives, who once was dead; he lives, my ever living Head.

    He lives triumphant from the grave, he lives eternally to save,
    he lives all-glorious in the sky, he lives exalted there on high.

    He lives to grant me rich supply, he lives to guide me with His eye,
    he lives to comfort me when faint, he lives to hear my soul's complaint.

    He lives, my kind, wise, heavenly Friend, he lives and loves me to the end;
    he lives, and while he lives, I'll sing; he lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

    He lives, all glory to his Name! he lives, my Jesus, still the same.
    oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives!
  • Service Music: Holy Trinity Service – Christopher Tambling
  • Psalm 66: 7-18
  • Gospel Alleluia
Choir: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia
All: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia
Choir: Jesus said: “If anyone loves me he will keep my word,
and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him.”
All: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia
  • Offertory Hymn 529 “All my hope on God is founded” (Michael) 
  • Anthem: TBA 
  • Communion Hymn 633 “Lord Christ, we praise your sacrifice” (Meyrick Park) 
  • Concluding Hymn 344 “From all that dwell below the skies” (Lasst uns erfreuen) 
  • Organ: Exultate – June Nixon

SUMMER CHOIR:
We’d like to try something new and different during the summer months this year. In the past, the choir has enjoyed a well-earned break from mid-June (after St. Barnabas’ Day) to early September, and we’ll continue that tradition. However, it would be very helpful to have singers “up front” to help with the congregational singing and to that end are asking for volunteers from the congregation and any visitors who might be interested to come at 10 am on Sunday morning, beginning June 22, for a short practice in the downstairs choir room. Perhaps you’re a ‘retired’ choir member who would enjoy singing again, or someone who has never sung in a choir and would like to give it a try. Needless to say, current choristers are more than welcome to come out, but we also recognize that the summer has been a time when some can sit with their spouses in the congregation and appreciate that opportunity. While advance notice of your participation isn’t essential, it would be helpful to have an idea of who might be interested. If you are, please speak to Neil after a service in the next few weeks, or you can email him at nshoulton@gmail.com.

PS No choir robes are needed – it is often just too hot to wear them during the summer!


Visit St. Barnabas on the Danforth (at Chester Station) map » or visit the website here »


No comments:

Post a Comment