Sunday, April 19, 2015

4th Sunday of Easter - April 26, 2015

  • Organ: Pastorale in F - J.S. Bach
  • Service Music: Trinity Service - Christopher Tambling
  • Hymn 2 “When morning gilds the skies”
  • Psalm 23 (Anglican chant) - The Lord is my shepherd...
  • Gospel Alleluia:
    I am the good shepherd, says the Lord:
    I know my own sheep and my own know me. 
  • Hymn 520 “The king of love my shepherd is”
  • Anthem: Look at the world – John Rutter
  • Hymn during Communion  569 “Come, my way, my truth, my life”
  • Hymn 322 “All hail the power of Jesus’ name”
  • Organ: Prelude in C (BWV545) – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Music Notes
As a nod to Earth Day (which was last Wednesday) today’s anthem is a paean to nature, with both words and music by the ubiquitous English composer, John Rutter (born 1945).

  • View/download music list including anthem and psalm texts - see here »

  • Visit St. Barnabas on the Danforth (at Chester Station) map » or visit the website here » 

No comments:

Post a Comment