Sunday, April 10, 2016

Easter 4 – April 17, 2016

  • Organ: Prelude in E Major, Op. 99, No. 1 – Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921)
  • Opening Hymn: 223 Christ Is Risen
  • Psalm: 23
  • Gospel Alleluia: 709 (Palestrina) All: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia! Choir: I am the good shepherd, says the Lord: I know my own and my own know me. All: Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!
  • Offertory Hymn: 586 Rise Up, O Saints of God
  • Anthem: Awake, My Heart, with Gladness! – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
Awake, my heart, with gladness!
Behold a wond'rous sight!
No more the dark of sadness:
Now shines a glorious light!
Our Saviour with great gloom
Was laid within the tomb,
But conqu'ring death and pain,
Behold him ris'n again!
Rise up and tell the story,
How death was made to yield.
Now with a hero's glory,
Our Saviour stands revealed.
Declare it far and wide
This joyful Eastertide:
He fought with death and pain,
And conqu'ring, rose again! -Laurence H. Davies
  • Hymn during Communion: 219 The Glory of Our King Was Seen
  • Closing Hymn: 217 Christ the Lord is Risen Again
  • Organ: Prelude in E Flat Major, Op. 99, No. 3 – Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921)

No comments:

Post a Comment