Sunday, October 8, 2017

Nineteenth Sunday after Pentecost - Sunday, October 15, 2017

Service Music: New Plainsong, David Hurd
  • Organ: Meditation (from Sonata in B Minor, Op. 86, No. 6) – Alexandre Guilmant (1837- 1911)
  • Opening Hymn: 468 To Abraham and Sarah
  • Psalm 23: Metrical Version: My Shepherd, You Supply My Need (Tune: Resignation)
My Shepherd, you supply my need; most holy is your name.In pastures fresh you make me feed, beside the living stream.
You bring my wand’ring spirit back when I forsake your ways,
and lead me, for your mercy’s sake, in paths of truth and grace. 
When I walk through the shades of death, your presence is my stay;
one word of your supporting breath drives all my fears away.
Your hand, in sight of all my foes, does still my table spread;
my cup with blessings overflows, your oil anoints my head. 
The sure provisions of my God attend me all my days;
oh, may your house be my abode and all my work be praise.
Here would I find a settled rest, while others go and come;
no more a stranger or a guest, but like a child at home.
-Isaac Watts (1674-1748)
  • Gradual Hymn: 555 O God of Bethel, by Whose Hand
  • Offertory Hymn: 300 Christ Is Made the Sure Foundation
  • Anthem: O Come, Ye Servants of the Lord – Christopher Tye (1500-1572)
O come, ye servants of the Lord, and praise his holy name;
From early morn to setting sun his might on earth proclaim.
His laws are just, and glad the heart; He makes his mercies known:
Ye princes come, ye people too, and bow before the throne.
  • Communion Hymn: 58 O Christ Was a Good Guest
  • Closing Hymn: 570 Lord, Dismiss Us with Your Blessing
  • Organ: Litanies (JA 119) – Jehan Alain (1911-1940)

View and/or download the complete September/October 2017 music list pdf here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment