Sunday, May 27, 2018

Second Sunday after Pentecost [9th Sunday in Ordinary Time] – Sunday, June 3, 2018

  • Organ: Organ Sonata No. 3 in A Major, Op. 65, I. Con moto maestoso – Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
  • Opening Hymn: 434 The Love of Jesus Calls Us
  • Psalm 81:1-10 (Metrical Setting): Sing to the Lord Aloud (Tune: St. Thomas)
  • Sing to the Lord aloud, And make a joyful noise;
    God is our strength, our Saviour God; Let Isr'el hear his voice.

    "From vile idolatry Preserve my worship clean;
    I am the Lord, who set thee free From slavery and sin.

    "Stretch thy desires abroad, And I'll supply them well:
    But if ye will refuse your God, If Isr'el will rebel;

    "I'll leave them," saith the Lord, "To their own lusts a prey,
    And let them run the dang'rous road, 'Tis their own chosen way.

    "Yet, O! that all my saints Would hearken to my voice!
    Soon I would ease their sore complaints, And bid their hearts rejoice.

    "While I destroy their foes, I'd richly feed my flock;
    And they should taste the stream that flows From their eternal rock."

                                           - Isaac Waats
  • Gradual Hymn: 252 Spirit, Come, Dispel Our Sadness
  • Offertory Hymn: 335 How Shall I Sing That Majesty
  • Anthem: To Thee, O Lord, Do I Lift Up My Soul – Sergei Rachmaninoff (1873-1943) Text from Psalm 25:1-2
  • Communion Hymn: 337 God, Your Glorious Presence
  • Closing Hymn: 645 Come Down, O Love Divine
  • Organ: Eine kleine Gigue (A Little Gigue), K. 574 – W. A. Mozart (1756-1791)

  • View and/or download the complete March 29-June 10 2018 music list pdf here »
  • View archive of music lists here »
  • Visit St. Barnabas on the Danforth website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment