Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Fifth Sunday in Lent - 2 April 2017

Service Music: Kyrie by Herbert Austin (CP 704); Sanctus & Benedictus and Agnus Dei by Bruce E. Ford (adapted from Plainsong)
  • Organ: “Ich ruf’ zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ” (I cry unto thee, Lord Jesus Christ), BWV 639 (from Orgelbüchlein) – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
  • Opening Hymn: 620 How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds
  • Psalm 130 (metrical setting): Hymn 542 Out of the Depths
  • Gradual Hymn: 178 Restore in Us, O God
  • Offertory Hymn: 613 We Lay Our Broken World
  • Anthem: Jesu, Grant Me This I Pray – C. H. Kitson (based on Gibbon’s “Song 13”)
Jesu, grant me this I pray,
Ever in Thy heart to stay:
Let me evermore abide
Hidden in Thy wounded side.
If the evil one prepare,
Or the world, a tempting snare,
I am safe when I abide
In thy heart and wounded side.
If the flesh, more dangerous still,
Tempt my soul to deeds of ill,
Naught I fear when I abide
In Thy heart and wounded side.
Death will come one day to me;
Jesu cast me not from Thee:
Dying let me still abide
In Thy heart and wounded side.
    - Text by Sir H. Baker (from the Latin)
  • Communion Hymn: 611 Our Father, We Have Wandered
  • Closing Hymn: 455 Dear God, Compassionate and Kind
  • Organ: Grand Jeu – Pierre Dumage (1674-1751)


View/download the complete March 2017 music list here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »
  

No comments:

Post a Comment