Thursday, April 13, 2017

Maundy Thursday (6pm) - Thursday, April 13, 2017

Service Music: Kyrie by Herbert Austin (CP 704); Sanctus & Benedictus and Agnus Dei by
Bruce E. Ford (adapted from Plainsong)
  • Organ: Schmücke dich, o liebe Seele (Deck Thyself, My Soul, with Gladness), Op. 122, No. 5 – Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) Schmücke dich, o liebe Seele, BWV 654 – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
  • Opening Hymn: 78 Deck Yourself, My Soul, with Gladness
  • Psalm 116:1, 10-16
  • Gradual Hymn: 76 Thee We Adore, O Hidden Saviour, Thee
  • Offertory Hymn: 202 There Is a Green Hill Far Away
  • Anthem: When I Survey the Wondrous Cross – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, adapted by A. F. Halpin (Soloist: Karina Frost, alto)
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.
Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the cross of Christ, my God:
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.
See, from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet?
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a tribute far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
  • Communion Hymn: 74 For the Bread Which You Have Broken

View/download the complete April 2017 music list here »
Visit St. Barnabas website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment