Sunday, February 18, 2018

Second Sunday in Lent – Sunday, February 25, 2018

Service Music: Merbecke
  • Organ: Adagio in D flat major (No. 4 from Six Consolations) - Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
  • Opening Hymn: 629 Jesus, Thy Blood and Righteousness
  • Psalm 22:23-31 (said responsively)
  • Gradual Hymn: 176 By the Holy Spirit Sent
  • Offertory Hymn: 341 God of Mercy, God of Grace
  • Anthem: Lord, I Flee to Thee for Refuge (Lass, O Herr, Mich Hulle Finden) – Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
  • Lord, I flee to Thee for refuge,
    Bow Thine ear unto my pray’r.
    If my sins Thou shouldst remember,
    Evermore must I despair. 
    Shall my troubles last for ever?
    Is grief my daily lot?
    Weak and helpless must I languish,
    By my God, alas, forgot? 
    O Lord, I flee to Thee for refuge,
    Bow Thine ear unto my pray’r.
    If my sins Thou shouldst remember,
    Evermore must I despair.
  • Communion Hymn: 616 Father of Heaven, Whose Love Profound
  • Closing Hymn: 558 God, When I Stand, No Path Before Me
  • Organ: Prelude and Fugue in C Major, BWV 531 – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)

  • View and/or download the complete February & March 2018 music list pdf here »
  • View and/or download the complete March 29-June 10 2018 music list pdf here »
  • Visit St. Barnabas on the Danforth website here »

No comments:

Post a Comment